Skip to main content

Let us call them treasures

Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
Matthew 6:21New Living Translation (NLT)

[source]
Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. There is anything in the world that is precious for you? Anything that you would consider your treasure? If you haven't thought about it I suggest you to do it because that is filling your heart whether you want it or not. Sometimes I doesn't have to be material, it can be the time that you spend with someone, or some activity. In the daily routine we have a name for those things that we really like doing. We name them: hobbies. In this post I want to share with you something that I really like doing, what it means to me and some other hobbies that I have had or I would like to have.

In my opinion, hobbies mean something that you love to do and you could spend the whole day doing. Also they mean a way to escape from reality. Considering that, I would say that my favorite hobby is playing the guitar because It is a time that I spend in my room alone, playing a song that I already know or learning another song that I like. I have this hobby since I was in 7th grade but I began practicing more since I was in high school, due to I started spending more time at home in the afternoon because I moved to a nearer school and I started arriving home earlier.

It is important to me because before playing the guitar I pray and take all my thoughts to God's presence and I find peace and hope, remembering the truth of His word. It is a little contradictory with that I said at the beginning but that takes me out of my distressing thoughts and brings me back to reality and the things that are really important. Then, I start giving praise to God with the guitar for all that He is, for all the things He has made in my life, for being with me all the time and giving me hope in all the circumstances that I'm living now. 

Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
John 8:31-32New Living Translation (NLT)
Of course that my hobbies have changed with time. When I was a child I used to play with my classmates, whatever the game was, read books and watch movies with my family, a lot of movies... Today my hobby is playing the guitar (I only name one not because it is the only thing that I enjoy doing yet it is the only thing that I practice "frequently") and tomorrow it could be anything else. Anyway, I hope I will never choose gambling as a hobby, because it becomes in an addiction and when you became an addict you can't measure the consequences of what you are doing and you do anything to satisfy your wish. Instead I would like to spend time learning to play the piano, playing volleyball, swimming, trekking, cooking, painting and knitting.


So that would be my hobby, that would be my treasure, the moment that I spend alone with God returning to reality while I play the guitar. Thank God I have had the opportunity of having these moments from some time now and although I know that hobbies change during our lives, I don't want to quit on this.

Thank you for reading and God bless you.

PS: One last suggestion...
"Guard your heart above all else,
for it determines the course of your life."
Proverbs 4:23 New Living Translation (NLT)

Comments

  1. Oh! you want to learn many things, and play guitar is a good hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "they mean a way to escape from reality" I'm totally agree

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that you play guitar. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two beautiful windows... (the eyes)

Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light. But when your eye is unhealthy, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is! Matthew 6:22-23New Living Translation (NLT) source Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. The eyes are amazing to me because of the wonders they allow us to see, how beautiful they are themselves, the machinary they have and because they are a master piece of optics. They play the role of reciebing the light reflected or emitted by the objects and lead it to light-sensitive receptors that tranduce the light in electrical impulse that is processed and interpretated by our brain as images as we know them. They are located in the upper front half of our face, with the nose between them. In our skull they are ubicated in the orbit. Their size is about 24 mm of diameter and it's weigh

My favourite piece of technology

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well :D As you already know, we are surrounded by a lot of technological devices. Many of them have become part of our daily routine. In my case, when I was born there was already a computer in my house, so my contact with electronical devices began at a very early age. Today I would like to share with you wich one has been most important in my life. It is: the radio. Even though I have always have access to computers, and they have been very useful for me, in fact, today they allow me to recibe and found a lot of information, radio is always on in my house, mainly because my mom is used to it. That makes it important. [In this picture you can see radio on it's place in my house] Radio has been in my house since I remember. It's main value for me is its function: to play music. When I was a little child my mom used to put CDs on the radio. Now, when I listen those CDs again I remember my childhood.  In fact, I&#

Our targets

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.  Galatians 6:9 New Living Translation (NLT) source Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. Every time we start doing something it is important where we want to get with that. Tha gives us motivation and purpose. That helps us keep on efforting for our target when we are already tired or gives us a new impulse  when we remember it. Starting a carrer isn't exempt of that rule. In my case, I'm studying a major in Biochemistry because it is a carrer that could reach me out to understand better how living organisms work chemically. My drives are that I could work reaserching about living organisms that could revert enviormental problems, making science workshops at school and maybe classes. In the first situation I imagine it with a lot of work in contaminated and clean places, a lot of time in the laboratory and also looking for information