Skip to main content

What challenges are left

Hello everyone! How are you doing? Welcome to the last post. Can you believe it? I can't. Considering this I'm going to talk about how was this English course for me. I wish you the best for this term ending and I hope we see us again.

I have liked a lot learning English at university. I like that we have more opportunities to talk, listen and write English than that I had at school and even than the previous term.

In this course we have had more opportunities to speak and it has been great because we can talk using characteristic expressions of situations that are out of our university context and exercise fluency. I think that I have improved in that way because of that.

In classes we use to hear recorded dialogues and use them as example. I think this tool is very useful. We also use to hear our teacher making classes in English. I appreciate that he takes the time to solve all our doubts of vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar. Even though I would like that he spoke in English all the time, even when when he had to explain something complicated, because I know that he can makes us understand without using Spanish and I don't want to lose the few minutes a week I spend hearing English, hearing Spanish.

Talking about writing, I think blogs are an excellent idea, because you are compelled to write every week and practice makes perfect. It has been a big challenge for me, because I use to think a lot how to say things and I think double when I'm trying to say something in a language that isn't my mother tongue. Besides I usually want to say more than I'm asked for and extend myself far more than that it is required. When we just started writing posts I used to stay at least one hour after classes to finish them. Just imagine! Thank God I have recently learned to confine my writing to what's just necessary (and a little bit more to be sincere) and I don't have to think as much as at the beginning. 

However I still have a lot to learn about English and keep on studying alone will be a big challenge. I still have to learn a lot of vocabulary, make my speaking and writing more fluent and train my ear to understand better English speakers. Another situation that it is difficult to handle by myself would  be choosing a new word to say something that I didn't know how to say in English. When that happens I usually search for a translation and I get a lot of different words that are used in that situation but in different contexts. If I can't ask for someone with more experience help, I don't know which one is the best.

To improve in this aspects I think I must keep in contact with English, maybe reading books in that language, talking with my sister, watching movies in English and things like that. Maybe I could keep writing posts about topics of my interest but, considering the time I spend doing it I don't think that I could be constant with that. 

I don't use to do this things, so it would be a complete challenge. Well, lets make honor to the blog's name then. :D

Have a nice day and God bless you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two beautiful windows... (the eyes)

Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light. But when your eye is unhealthy, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is! Matthew 6:22-23New Living Translation (NLT) source Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. The eyes are amazing to me because of the wonders they allow us to see, how beautiful they are themselves, the machinary they have and because they are a master piece of optics. They play the role of reciebing the light reflected or emitted by the objects and lead it to light-sensitive receptors that tranduce the light in electrical impulse that is processed and interpretated by our brain as images as we know them. They are located in the upper front half of our face, with the nose between them. In our skull they are ubicated in the orbit. Their size is about 24 mm of diameter and it's weigh

My favourite piece of technology

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well :D As you already know, we are surrounded by a lot of technological devices. Many of them have become part of our daily routine. In my case, when I was born there was already a computer in my house, so my contact with electronical devices began at a very early age. Today I would like to share with you wich one has been most important in my life. It is: the radio. Even though I have always have access to computers, and they have been very useful for me, in fact, today they allow me to recibe and found a lot of information, radio is always on in my house, mainly because my mom is used to it. That makes it important. [In this picture you can see radio on it's place in my house] Radio has been in my house since I remember. It's main value for me is its function: to play music. When I was a little child my mom used to put CDs on the radio. Now, when I listen those CDs again I remember my childhood.  In fact, I&#

Our targets

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.  Galatians 6:9 New Living Translation (NLT) source Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. Every time we start doing something it is important where we want to get with that. Tha gives us motivation and purpose. That helps us keep on efforting for our target when we are already tired or gives us a new impulse  when we remember it. Starting a carrer isn't exempt of that rule. In my case, I'm studying a major in Biochemistry because it is a carrer that could reach me out to understand better how living organisms work chemically. My drives are that I could work reaserching about living organisms that could revert enviormental problems, making science workshops at school and maybe classes. In the first situation I imagine it with a lot of work in contaminated and clean places, a lot of time in the laboratory and also looking for information