Skip to main content

Changing ends


People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy. 
Proverbs 28:13New Living Translation 


[source]
Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well :D. Are you in the middle of evaluations? Come on! I now you can do it ;). Talking about that, evauations are very important because they show you the things that you have to change or improve. When this year started I share with you some issues that I had to improve to continue at university. Well, as much as I need to be evaluated, the university needs it too. What about changing roles for a while? Let's check in what aspects does the university need to improve. In this post I'm going to focus on five aspects. You can assign a score to each of them according to your perception.

Perception                     ----- Score

Satisfied                        -----  1,2
Almost satified             -----  0,8
Rather dissatisfied        -----  0,4
Not satisfied at all        -----  0,0 
(Mark = total score + 1 )

1) The curriculum 
I like the subjects I have to study, but I would like that we had one introductory subject every term during the first three terms, so that we don't forget where we want to get while we are studying general contents. Maybe a subject about botanic or environment could be included too, but I don't know if it is that necessary.
Score: 0,8

2) Workload and length of studies
I appreciate that the workload is very well distributed along the career, maybe that is the reason why we don't have the introductory subjects one right after the other. Anyway, I think that it isn't a bad idea to make the change. 
Score: 1,2

3) Faculty facilities (buildings and infrastructure)
I like the infrastructure of the faculty a lot, I consider that classrooms and laboratories are very well equipped, I'm really thanked that we have a library and also covered place in front of it to study or do whatever we want to (we call it "anexo"). There are also studying rooms that are only used for that so they are great to focus on what you are doing because nobody is speaking in there. I really like that we can have access to computers to study or do what we need to do with them and that we can print at university. Those facilities are very helpful nowadays. There are also nice places to stay when you are not studying. The only problem is that when it is cold and rainy the closed and covered places are not enough. If I'm not wrong, there will be a cafeteria and a space to study in a new building that would be ready soon (or at least we hope so) and that problem would be solved :D.
I think that bathrooms are great, but I would like that the biggest one had a window able to be open.
Score: 0,8

4) Use of technology
The university has take advantage of technological resources in a very good way. That is notorious in the "u-cursos" platform where students can be informed about any news that they need to know and have access to the studying material uploaded by the teachers among other things. Technology is also very used during classes and at the time we are studying. We use to attend classes where teachers use power point presentations apart of whiteboard and marker, and study from the power point presentations uploaded to u-cursos. We also have to make homework using technology, for example, during the first term our Calculus Introduction teacher gave us a homework about functions and how their graphs changed as their parameters did. That homework had to be done using a computer software that she already had taught us how to use. 
Score: 1,2

5) Teaching methods
Talking about the teaching methods of the subjects I have taken, I like the structure of lecture-seminary-laboratory that have the majority of them, because that creates an expository instance, where we have our first contact with the contents, then an exercising instance, where we can solve our questions, and finally a practical instance where we can take into practice that we have learned and have a significant learning due to the contact with real materials. 
As I said before, teachers have included technological resources to make their classes, wich has been positive for our learning, in my opinion. For example, this entire blog is part of an evaluated activity of the English course I'm taking. I like this way of learning because it is a great opportunity to produce english.  
Anyway, I have some problems to understand some teachers' classes.
Score: 0,8

Total score: 4,8

Mark: 5,8

In my opinion, I'm more satisfied than what that mark represents. I recommend you to take it as an approximated measure. What mark did you give to the university? Leave it as a comment.


Have a nice day and God bless you!

Comments

  1. I like the way you marked everything. I give the faculty a 0.8

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two beautiful windows... (the eyes)

Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light. But when your eye is unhealthy, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is! Matthew 6:22-23New Living Translation (NLT) source Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. The eyes are amazing to me because of the wonders they allow us to see, how beautiful they are themselves, the machinary they have and because they are a master piece of optics. They play the role of reciebing the light reflected or emitted by the objects and lead it to light-sensitive receptors that tranduce the light in electrical impulse that is processed and interpretated by our brain as images as we know them. They are located in the upper front half of our face, with the nose between them. In our skull they are ubicated in the orbit. Their size is about 24 mm of diameter and it's weigh

My favourite piece of technology

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well :D As you already know, we are surrounded by a lot of technological devices. Many of them have become part of our daily routine. In my case, when I was born there was already a computer in my house, so my contact with electronical devices began at a very early age. Today I would like to share with you wich one has been most important in my life. It is: the radio. Even though I have always have access to computers, and they have been very useful for me, in fact, today they allow me to recibe and found a lot of information, radio is always on in my house, mainly because my mom is used to it. That makes it important. [In this picture you can see radio on it's place in my house] Radio has been in my house since I remember. It's main value for me is its function: to play music. When I was a little child my mom used to put CDs on the radio. Now, when I listen those CDs again I remember my childhood.  In fact, I&#

Our targets

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.  Galatians 6:9 New Living Translation (NLT) source Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. Every time we start doing something it is important where we want to get with that. Tha gives us motivation and purpose. That helps us keep on efforting for our target when we are already tired or gives us a new impulse  when we remember it. Starting a carrer isn't exempt of that rule. In my case, I'm studying a major in Biochemistry because it is a carrer that could reach me out to understand better how living organisms work chemically. My drives are that I could work reaserching about living organisms that could revert enviormental problems, making science workshops at school and maybe classes. In the first situation I imagine it with a lot of work in contaminated and clean places, a lot of time in the laboratory and also looking for information